Thursday, September 8, 2011

Beer & Insanity (by Shaun T)

Last year, I had a great year, fitness-wise. Alas, this past summer - the "summer of fat" - was a summer of beer, and I lost many of my hard won gains.

So now: it's on.

Spurred on by a co-worker, I've decided to get back to awesome and have started Shaun T.'s Insanity workout. 6 days a week, 45-60 minutes a day. (Edit note: If you've just stumbled on this site, it is not one of those fake sites you find when you google insanity where the fake bloggers heap fake praise.)

This will be intense - I finished day 3 (out of 60!) today and it feels awesome.

Anyway, how can someone have a beer blog and do insanity? Also: who cares? I'm here to read about beer?

Point is, despite the fact that the nutrition plan is very specific about no alcohol, I've decided to tweak the calories in the plan to allow me one beer a day. I'm eating a bit less each day to accomodate those calories.

Let's see how this goes. I'm curious to see if I can be super fit, and have my daily beer, all at the same time.

I'll keep you posted, too, as to how insanity is going, you may find it worthwhile too (but we'll see).

No comments:

Post a Comment