Thursday, August 25, 2011

Man do I love a good IPA: Appendix

One final note on yesterday's IPA post. I don't want anyone to think that Southern Tier 2xIPA isn't good. All the elements were there for a good beer, I just didn't like the taste of alcohol-that I'm assuming is the whole point of a 2xIPA.

SO, it was more of a warning against the style than the specific beer, which I'm sure is quite good (for the style). In particular, I think it's not a great choice in the heat. Knowing how the taste of beer changes depending on the circumstances, I may end up quite liking it in the fall, when it's a bit chillier and the warming effect of the alcohol is welcome, and doesn't make me feel like I'm drinking the fire spewing from the gates of hell. In fact, to be fair, I may buy their regular IPA and give it a try, just to see.

A note on this site as a whole, I don't think I WILL be posting my tasting notes for beers I don't like, I think it's much better that I recommend things. I'm not here to slag any brewers whose tastes may not align with mine. So, if it's posted, I generally recommend it.

But what the hell do I know anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment