Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lagers for Lawnbowling: The thrilling conclusion of the cottage trilogy!

I made a few last minute buys, I couldn't help myself. I got a sixer of Garrison's Hop Yard Ale, which I've never tried but have had my little eye on for a few weeks. I also got a bottle of Grand River Brewing's Galt Knife Old Style (a pre-prohibition style lager), which I've tried once before and is one of my favourite discoveries to date.





So, that said, I'm off for a week. Those thinking of raiding my house - there is a girthy man house sitting, and an alarm system, so no luck for you. Also: I dreamed I was fending off lions with a shotgun last night-I am not a man to be trifled with.





I leave you with my tasting notes for Galt Knife Old Style:





I've walked by this bottle so many times. It's so unassuming, I didn't expect much. I was VERY surprised by this beer./nice fizz/nice crisp and bitter finish./very bitter for a lager/i like this beer a lot/It is, I think, above my Creemore line for delicious lagers, it's certainly more bitter/Taste ends abruptly, leaving just a little bitterness and a desire to keep drinking/I wouldn't guess from packaging it would be this good-I guess that's what craft beer is all about./So much going on here, my taste buds aren't good enough to decipher it yet, I just know it's delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment