Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tasting notes






Brooklyn Lager:

Good lager with character/In the same vein as Creemore (my fall back beer) but slightly less to my taste/Good and hoppy/nice bitterness, maybe not malty enough? Slightly off balance?






Schofferhofer Hefeweizen:

So, I did the whole hefeweizen song and dance where you place the glass on top and slowly turn it over. BIG MESS! Then, with a little bit left, I placed the bottle on it's side and rolled it back and forth to get the yeast, and poured that on top. It was a fun production, but I didn't really see the benefit.../Sweet smell/Cloudy/Smooth/Malty (bready? Caramel?)/A little bland for my taste, but refreshing nonetheless/Kind of a chalky taste to it (minerally? Tonic water?)/nice fizz.






Crazy Canuck Pale Ale (Great Lakes Brewery):

Nice lacing. Smells like crazy american hops (that bitter, grapefruit smell)/Nice head, good carbonation. Great bitterness, lingering hops/Very bitter, good example of a west coast pale ale/Not crazy about the malt flavour/Not enough subtlety, but a good hops wallop if that's what you're in the mood for/Tasted once before I knew anything about hops and found it too bitter, now I crave that bitterness.







*disclaimer: These are the tasting notes of an unsophisticated (so far) and newly mindful palate. Me not liking a beer is not necessarily a reflection of a bad beer, but is rather the consequence of a disagreement between my taste in beer and the brewmaster's taste in beer. Where noted, however, the beer is just plain bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment