Thursday, September 27, 2012

Here we go: It has begun...

The "yes" pile

















ok - here we go. It's begun. Yesterday, I pledged to only drink Ontario beer for the next year. Today, I start taking action.

My fridge contains the following hencetoforth contraband:

-1 Green Flash IPA.
-2 cans of Red Racer.

I will drink them first. And that's when it will really begin.

My fridge also contains:

-Black Oak 10 Bitter Years, a very nice ONTARIO double IPA available at the brewery only. Luckily, it's a stone's throw from Great Lakes Brewing - when I swing by one, I'll swing by the other. This will be very handy for me over the next year. I will make that trip more than once, for sure. You see, neither 10 BY or Great Lakes REAL rare gems are available at the lcbo, so you have to swing by the breweries. PLUS: you get it extra fresh.

-1 can of Great Lakes Brewing Crazy Canuck. Thinking, next time I swing by the brewery, I'll buy the freshest can of this I can find, and do a side by side with this can that's been sitting here for awhile.

I also need to start thinking about stockpiling good stuff for winter: Imperial stouts, triples, quads, belgian strong ales, etc. We don't make much of this stuff in Ontario, and when we do, it's usually at the brewery store and it sells out real quick. I need to be smart about this.

For example, last saturday, Bellwoods had a high gravity bottle sale. I didn't go. Now I regret that decision. Also: last week, Amsterdam sold some bottles of Barrel Aged Tempest (an Imperial Stout) and a Golden Ale at the brewery store - they sold out in 22 minutes.

I'm going to need to be vigilant, and strike when the opportunities arise. Fingers crossed for more Tempest soon.

When the opportunities arise, I will strike. Like a cat. Like a beautiful cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment