Friday, September 28, 2012

Foiled! supplies dwindling, send help...


In a fit of panic last night-yes, I realize it was day one-I drank one of my 4 bourbon barrel aged Great Lakes Porters. A tactical mistake? Perhaps. But I was feeling celebratory.

This morning, I awoke wondering what would happen if nothing new that's awesome and dark and special occasion-y comes out for awhile. What will I do? Supplies are dwindling.


Beer cellar contents (Ontario):

-3 Great Lakes 25th Anniversary Bourbon Barrel Porters
-1 Great Lakes 25th Anniversary Robust porter
-2 Great Lakes 25th Anniversary Belgian Saisons


eep!

But, in the midst of my morning panic, an angel in the form of a drinkvine.com email: Your local lcbo has 24 Russian Gun Imperial Stouts in stock. wait, what?? already? This will be perfect, I thought! A perfect way to start building my Ontario-only beer cellar! So your intrepid reporter hightailed it over to his local 'bo, where his intrepid beer guy looked confused, checked the back, checked the invoice... There was no Russian Gun. Not for a while. It was all a mistake. A horrible invoicing mistake.

Anyway, I ended up buying some Amsterdam Boneshaker IPA and some Flying Monkeys Cascadian Dark Ale, both of which are very good Ontario beers I highly recommend. Unfortunately, they're not cellar beers. That cellar is where my challenge for the next year will lie.



No comments:

Post a Comment